Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Down Under

Christmas in Australia is warm and wonderful.  The sun, beach and water calls to cool us down.  Even though I live at the bottom of Australiaon a little Island called Tasmania it is still warm and beautiful.  I have often wondered though what a beautiful White Christmas would be like.
I have created Tilda today in beautiful Tasmania and wishing you  all a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season.  Thankyou so much for visiting me please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my Aussie Tilda.




Here I have made Tilda standing under the
Southern Cross .  This star sign is only visible from the Southern Hemisphere so I thought this was very appropriate for her.
I have also given her a beautifully decorated gum tree as her Christmas Tree which not only Tilda would like but her little pet Koala would also love.








Here is Tilda standing under the Southern Cross with her beautiful little
Koala.  I was just so excited to get my Australian Tilda I had to use her
in my Aussie Christmas Card.




This is a close up view of the Australian Wild Flowers I have made to decorate the corner of the card with.  They are Flannel Flower, Flowering Red Gum, Grevilia and Gum Nuts.  These I have made with quilling one of my favourite art forms.  I also put a little Flowering Red Gum Christmas Tree on the Card.




Wishing you all a Safe and Happy 2012.
Blessings and love Carolyn

8 comments:

  1. I love your Aussie Tilda with the beautiful selection of Australian flora. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carolyn!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Your Tilda with Koala is beautiful. I love how you coloured it. Your flowers are so beautiful. you are very good at making them. I love that you incorporated the Southern cross above tilda's head.
    Big hugs marion....aka...Maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn!! You always do such an amazing job!!! Love !! It´s adorable!!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. May the Child Jesus blesses you and all your family!! A Very Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOUW this is soooo beautiful Carolyn. Where have you got this Tilda from? I´ve never seen this before, and I´m even almost neighbour to Magnolia in Sweden, and thought we saw them all?
    Your christmascard is really awesome ad sooo Aussie cool, I think.
    Believe me, you wouldn´t want to swap, if you had first tryed our cold white christmasses here LOL. Thanks god, we have no snow here for the moment, and it´s rather warm for this time of year, so we´re just enjoying that really much this year.
    Have a wonderful holiday and lots of fun and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, what a beautiful card. It is very strange to me to think of a warm Christmas. I love a white Christmas, although where I am we only get them once in a while. This year, it was wet and green...LOL. I enjoy it just th same though.
    Love all the Aussie elements you've added to your card. Makes it very unique. Aussie Tilda is so cute--would love to see a real life koala, so adorable. Terrific job on the card.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card - love the quilling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too adore Aussie Tilda. I love the card you have created for Christmas.
    Enjoy!
    Carol NSW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as punch - love the flowers!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete